The following are general terms and conditions of letting our premises. If you need to discuss these more, please contact us.
1. No alcoholic drinks are allowed on the premises
(This is a stipulation of the Methodist church nationally in order to preserve an alcohol free space in the community).
2. Any group needing the kitchen facilities should ask at the time of booking and recognise that Southlands is a ”Fairtrade” church.
(This means we have agreed to use, and supply food stuffs that are Fairly Traded wherever possible, and we ask our users to abide by the same principles).
3. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that all crockery and cutlery used is washed up and put away
4. The hirer must take away all food waste
5. Rooms should be left as they are found, clean and tidy
6. Southlands is a no-smoking zone
7. Party political meetings will be refused
8. We have a small car park, but parking for church events, and services must have priority
9. All times booked must include setting up and tidying away.
Access to all rooms is via the Southlands Road entrance which is served by a ramp for the disabled (running from the car park), and by steps (from Southlands Road), although there is direct access to the Community Centre from the car park (at the top of Nunmill Street, YO23 1NU).
Users of Room 1, Room 2, Room 3, the new hall and the Worship Centre have access to toilets for ladies and gents on the ground floor near the foot of the main staircase and the disabled toilet (Radar key required) inside the Community Centre.
Community Centre users have direct access to toilets for ladies and gents and for the disabled (Radar key required).
Please note: use of our main kitchen should be agreed at the time of booking.